Monday, January 25, 2010

This Week at CVS

I've slacked off on my CVS posts lately. Who knows if you even want to hear about all the money I save, but I like it, so I am blogging it today. :)-



I spent $6.62 out of pocket, which includes are outrageous 10% sales tax.

I got 3 Stacy's chips
3 True North Nuts
2 Gatorades
1 Prilosec
1 Almay Mascara that came with a free eye liner. Yea!
1 8 pack paper towels
1 Crest Toothpaste
1 Huge Listerine Total Care which came with a Reach Dental Flosser Freebie with extra flosser heads. Yea!

I would have spent $6 just on the Listerine, so I did fabulous. I messed up a little bit and have to go back and spend $2, (but I will spend less because I will use coupons) and then I will get 10 CVS Bucks plus the 2 I already have.

I also tried out Publix today. I keep hearing that I can save so much if I go each week to Publix and get their on sale stuff. I haven't been convinced that I will save more doing that, then my once a month shopping trip, but I thought I would give it a try. I spend under $300 a month shopping once a month at SuperTarget, so that will be hard to beat. Based on my shopping trip today, I don't see that, but I imagine there is a learning curve, just like there was at CVS. We will see.

0 comments: