Thursday, April 8, 2010

Six!


For weeks, we heard the countdown to a very important date. The day Avery turned 6! The first thing he would do in the morning would be to tell us how many days were left. When he went to school, he gave his teacher a countdown every day as well. In fact, his whole class knew that Avery's birthday was in however many days. They all remembered too! I had several parents tell me when Avery's birthday was and that they heard about it every day. Funny!

We usually throw a big party for the kids on their birthday, instead of buying them presents. Well, this year, Avery decided he didn't want to have a party. He wanted to go camping instead! Sooo, luckily his birthday fell during Spring break. AJ took them camping for 2 nights. I don't camp, so I stayed home all by myself. It was strange.

He loved the camping of course. It did rain one night and their tent ended up flooding, but they had fun anyway.

Avery's birthday fell on Easter this year, so he had a double good day. He made up a new name for that day, "Eastday" since it was a combination of Easter and Birthday.

They hunted for eggs, checked out their Easter Baskets, and opened Birthday presents, all at the same time. Fun stuff.




Lindsay and her crew came over for a little while later in the day and we had ice cream cake from Maggie Moos. Yum, yum!




He had a great day and is so excited to be 6! I love when they turn a new age because I can say things like "Six year olds don't do ...." or "When you are six you now do..." As of right now he believes me that things suddenly change when you turn a new age. Hope that keeps up. It's a great way to get them to stop behavior that I don't like! LOL!

Happy Birthday, Avery!!! I can't wait to see how much you grow this year!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the squiggly candles!

I also thinking camping is a great birthday activity!

- Kimberly
(mom to 3 boys)