Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Beginnings

I cannot believe school is out! I am sure I say that every May, but this year went by so quickly, it feels like it should still be January! How is it June?!

The kids were so excited for the end. The last few weeks were busy spent doing fun things. Parties, Water Days, extra playtime, field day, etc. Every day was spent at the school doing something fun. Now it is all over. I am sad, but happy at the same time. I can't believe Sam is now a 5th grader. Weird! This is his last year at our school. Then he moves on to Middle School. Now that is huge! Avery is in first grade. He graduated from Kindergarten. I still haven't got the pics off my camera, so whenever I do that then I will post some. We will SOOO miss his teacher. We LOVED her and she was perfect for him. He even said he will miss her, which is a HUGE deal for Avery. He is totally boy and doesn't show love or sappy stuff EVER.

Usually on the last day of school we go to the drive-in. Welll, this year we went all out. I told the boys we weren't able to go to the Drive-in this year because they weren't playing any good movies. They were sad. I told them we were on our way to AJ's work to pick him up and we would figure out something fun to do. Well, we sure did. We drove 4 hours to Indiana and pulled up at this hotel with a water park attached. They couldn't believe it! They were so excited! So we went in, got all situated and went to the park. They loved it. They had a lazy river, water slides, and outdoor pool, basketball pool, and a water playground in the middle. It was a little bit annoying though that even though Avery can totally swim, since he was short, they made him wear a life jacket everywhere except the playground. Yeah, that didn't go over well. They had no swim test or anything to show that he could swim, so he had to wear it. needless to say, Avery spent all of his time at the playground. He was NOT going to wear that little baby life jacket! He still had fun though. He was sad that first night about the life jacket, so we told him we would find something fun for him the next day.

The next day we ate our free breakfast and started driving. We drove for 45 minutes and then Avery saw a Roller Coaster. he was like, "Wow! Look! A roller coaster!" We said that it was a grain carrier thing, not a roller coaster. A few minutes later Sam said, "No! Look, it is a roller coaster! It's Holiday World!" I said, "What?! Wow! I had no idea we were by Holiday World!" We totally passed the park and then turned into the parking lot across the street. Not until then did they realize that we were actually going to Holiday World! It was FUNNY! We got out of the car and then Avery started crying!!! He wanted to go back to the fun hotel! Crazy kid! Anyway, it was the perfect day. it was warm, but not too hot to walk in the park. It wasn't too cool to swim in the water park. The water was perfect. Everything was. We had a great time. So yeah, I am a bad mom. i didn't feel like lugging my big camera around, so we really didn't get any pictures. Oh well. The blog will stir our memories.

They had tons of fun, were VERY surprised, and everything went great. We loved it! What's weird is that you all know I am a BIG planner. I plan everything way in advance. When it comes to vacations though, I don't! We planned this all on Thursday night! Our vacations are always mini vacations that are planned at the last minute, and it doesn't bother me a bit. I don't even understand it! It's fun though!

Avery woke up yesterday with his eyes stuck shut! Our allergies have been SOOO bad, so we assumed it was just allergies. As the day went on though, they got worse and worse. His eyes were oozing constantly. YUCK! Sooo, it may be pink eye instead. Thankfully, AJ works for an eye surgeon, so he is already on drops, and should be doing much better soon. It may still be allergies, it is hard to tell the difference without special equipment, but either way we are safe. he looks TERRIBLE. his eyes are HUGE, bruised looking, oozy, and red. They were stuck shut this morning and it took me 10 minutes to finally get them open. He came down out of his bunk bed, walked across the whole house to my room, blind. he couldn't see at all. They were completely shut and stuck. Funny if it wasn't so sad. Poor kiddo!

We were going to have people over for Memorial Day today, but that is out now. Oh well.

Oh, I forgot. We also had our anniversary this weekend! Yesterday we were married for 12 years! Craziness! I can't believe it has been that long. I am old!

Okey doke, I suppose that is it for now. Summer, here we come!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary!

As of this fall, I will have 2 middle school boys. I can't believe it. It feels like a month ago that they were both in preschool or kindergarten. I always heard our parents say that kids grow up so fast & how quickly time goes by, but I never believed them.

When Jolie's allergies act up or she gets any sort of cold, it comes out of her eyes before I see any other symptom. The first time when she was a year & half, I called the ped. b/c I thought it was pink eye. They were oozing, swollen & gross! Turns out, her colds come out of her eyes more than anywhere else.

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary!!!