Sunday, November 23, 2008

Books Come Alive

So this week I got to see two books come alive, well kind of. :)

Sam's play was this week. He has been so excited. He has been practicing after school twice a week for the last several weeks. That has been fun, but he was ready to do the play. Before he auditioned, he was scared that he would get stage fright, and he didn't know if he wanted to do it. I told him that he would practice so much, and know his part so well, that he wouldn't have any trouble. I also told him that most likely he would just be a little bit nervous, but maybe not at all. So the day arrives and he wasn't nervous at all, just excited. He did a GREAT job. He remembered all his lines perfectly, was loud enough, and just did so good. Him and his "brothers" were the stars of the show. Everyone loved them and they were the funniest part. The story was about the Big Bad Wolf going on trial for all the bad things he has done, like eating people. Sam and Pig #1 were the dumb pigs, and the 3rd pig was the smart one. THe principal played that pig, so that made it even more fun. They performed the play on Thursday night for the parents, and then on Friday afternoon for the students. After school, when we were walking down the hall, a million kids were calling to Sam to tell him that he was so funny, and that he was cool, etc. He was a star. Later he told me that he wants to perform a play every day in front of lots of people! LOL! I guess we found his calling. I always knew he would love to act. He never did get nervous at all, and did great. Yea Sam! Here are some pics of his acting debut.






On Friday I got to go see Twilight. A brand new movie theater just opened in our fine city that same day! So we went to the new theater, which is NICE, and got to see the opening of a brand new movie. I am cool! LOL! Anyway, the theater is really neat. The ticket sellers are actually inside behind a counter, instead of in a booth behind glass. It makes it nice that you can actually talk to them like real people instead of through a speaker. The inside is really nice, and it even has a fountain in the middle of the lobby. The stadium has cool seats that are like rocking chairs, and the screen seems like it is right there in front of you. I loved it.

The movie was good, but I had heard it was better than the book, which wasn't true. They, of course had to leave a lot of stuff out, but they also changed some things, which I didn't like. Also, the characters weren't like I pictured them at all, so that made it not as good. Overall, I liked the movie though, and it did make me want to read the books again.

Anyway, I am excited that we have a new theater, and there are some really good movies coming out, so I can't wait to use it more frequently. Too bad, movies are so expensive! At least gas is cheap again!

0 comments: