Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday

Today both of the boys went to the dentist. Still no cavities from either of them. Yippee! I am glad they seem to have gotten my teeth. :) Sam had a harder time this time. He has a very bad gag reflex (he got that from me too)and with all of his nose issues it makes it really hard for him. He gagged a lot and always feels sick afterwards. He also hates getting the x-rays (me too) and they messed up one, so he had to do it 3 times. :( Avery did good, only a few gagging episodes. He had to have x-rays for the first time today too. He did fine and seemed ok, even though it made him gag as well. Going to the dentist is terrible for all 3 of us. I need to go soon too. Sigh...

So I was running low on gas yesterday, but I still had a little over a quater of the tank. AJ took my car last night to Murfreesboro and some other places and I thought he would have gotten me gas. No such luck. :) As I was driving to the dentist this morning I looked down and saw that I was on empty. I turned on the gas meter thing (it tells me how many miles I have left until I run out of gas)and it said I had 18 miles. So I got into Murfreesboro, passed a gas station, they were all out of gas. Went by another, they were out too, and another, same thing. Hurricane Ike hitting has made gas prices go WAY up and several stations are out completely. So we went to the appointment. When we were done I went another way home so I could get gas. At this point I only had 10 miles left (not enough to get back to Smyrna)so we were all looking carefully for a gas station. We passed one, no gas, another, no gas. I was really freaking out by this point. FINALLY I see one! Of course it was on the other side of the street, but I managed to get over quick enough. I spent $72 on that gas!! Yikes! At least it wasn't over $4.50 like it was earlier this week.

This week I subbed for the Music Teacher at school. The 2nd grade was on a field trip (I was supposed to have 2nd grade twice) so I got a lot of free time that day. So basically I got paid to help Sam's teacher get stuff done. That was nice. :)

I have been working on PTO stuff all week. I am the volunteer coordinator and it is hard work getting all that coordinated! I sent over 90 emails last night and have a ton more to send today. My fingers hurt bad after all that typing! Hopefully, once we get it all set up and started then it will be a lot easier and not so much work. I hope!

Kinley has strep. That is not good news for me. I have been around her a lot recently of course, I hope that doesn't mean strep is once again on my agenda. Stay Away Stupid Strep!

Sam is on the 7th Harry Potter book. He is loving them so much! THey have a program in school where they read and take tests on books to get points. He just finished the 6th book and took the test yesterday. We were worried that it would be too hard for him (he has to make a certain percentage on the test or he doesn't meet his goal) but he did great, and only missed 2 questions. He got 24 points for that book. His goal each week is to get 1.5 points. :) His teacher and I are very proud of him. I love that he loves to read.

Avery is still liking school, although not quite as much any more. :) He told me that sometimes he gets sad during the day and misses me, but he doesn't let anyone know. :( It was sad. I wish he would have done the 2 day a week school last year to get him ready to being gone 5 days for so long. Oh well. He still likes it, he just loves his mommy more. :)

Next week is our annual show for singing. www.tunetownshowchorus.org. It should be lots of fun, although a very tiring day. The show will be great though!

I guess that is it for the moment. Talk to you later!

0 comments: