Friday, October 17, 2008

Fun Run

Yesterday was Sam's Fun Run. I was worried about him, since he does have pneumonia right now, and told him it was ok for him to walk, and that it didn't matter if he only got 5 laps. Well, he gets out there and I remind him, but he says he wants to run. He ran the first lap, got back to me, and I could tell he was already dieing. He needed his inhaler, so we did that, I told him to walk, but no, he takes off running again. Argh! Anyway, everytime he came around he looked worse and worse and was having a hard time, but he kept saying, "but I want to keep going, I want to run!" Anyway, he had to rest a couple more times, walked a little bit, but he mostly ran. He did 25 laps!!! That is the most he has ever gotten, I think, all with pneumonia. Crazy kid! We had to do his inhaler again after he ran, but he was doing much better after several minutes of resting. He was very proud of himself, even though he freaked me out. LOL!

He also re-auditioned for the school play and he made it, again! :) He is the 2nd Little Pig. It is a comedy about the Big Bad Wolf going to Trial. He loves his part and is SO excited!

I have been at school all day, every day this week, plus doing a lot of work for the PTO when I get home at night. It has been a crazy, stressful week, but thank goodness it is over. Now, today, I will be playing catch up. My house is a mess and we have NO food. I go shopping once a month, and I was supposed to go last week, but it was Fall Break, and I can't take both kids because I have to push two carts through the store, etc. Since I didn't go last week, we are an extra week behind. For real, we are totally out food. I HAVE to go shopping today. The other night I tried to make 3 different things, before I finally found something that I could scrounge together to make a meal out of, and even it had to have 2 different types of noodles, because I didn't have enough of one kind. LOL!

Anyway, next week seems much more calm. The next 3 weekends are filled with Birthday parties. Halloween is coming, and I have nothing ready for that, not even the kid's costumes!

OK, I better got make my shopping list!

0 comments: