Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow, Takin' A Chance, and More

It snowed last night, like REAL snow! Tennessee rarely gets snow and when we do it is just a little bit, more like half an inch or less, and it rarely sticks. Well last night Lindsay calls me and says she has been driving home from Franklin for 30 minutes and she still isn't even close to home (it only takes 30 minutes total to drive from there to here). She was talking to me and telling me how she kept sliding, etc. It had rained heavily for the last 2 days and it was colder so I just figured the rain was turning into ice. Then a few minutes later she says something about snow! I had no idea! She couldn't believe I didn't know and told me it was snowing a ton, and it was so thick she could hardly see. That for sure never happens! So we went and looked outside and yep, big, heavy flakes. Our ground wasn't covered yet, though. I went and looked out 20 minutes later and snow was everywhere! It was actually sticking and accumulating! A miracle! The kids were so excited! They went out and there was already ice forming on the stairs. I figured that would mean no school. It did. Anyway, we probably got about 2 inches of snow and it is still there this morning. Here are some pics!







It was still there this morning, but had already started melting by 9am. There was still enough to play in though. So just as the boys were getting ready to go out to play, Sam's friend Riley comes over and asks if they can go to his house. THey have a big hill in their backyard and they were going sledding! I told the boys to at least let me take a couple of pictures before they went. There first time sledding and I had to miss it because I was still in my pajamas! Plus, cold and me do not get along so I might have missed it anyway. :) Anyway, they were there for a while and then Riley's Dad drives them back home and comes to the door. Yes, I am still in my pajamas. Oh well, I found out later that so was Riley's Mom. LOL! Must be a Mom thing! Sam had his first sledding accident. Him and Riley collided and Sam somehow hit his cheek. It was swollen and already had a bad bruise. Poor kid always gets hurt doing fun things!



Riley's Mom did get a good pic of the sledding, or should I say tubing, fun!


So that was our fun night and morning, but it was not the end! After all the excitement about the snow and no school today, it was time for bed. Rewind to last night, by the way. So Sam had just gotten in bed and my phone rings. It was Santa! :) Our city does Calls From Santa every year, where the city workers will call kids and be Santa, Mrs. Claus, or an elf. Last night was there night to call. You should have seen how excited they were! Of course, they totally think he was the real thing, which works for me, because I can easily let them know that Santa will call back again and I will tell him if they have been naughty. Muahahaha! :) Anyway, Sam was practically yelling into the phone, he was so excited. Avery could barely speak! It was too cute. After all that Sam had a terrible time going to bed. He kept coming down and saying, " I can't believe it!" It was funny. Whew!

Now onto the next subject. Sam was sick, if you recall. He finally went to school on Wednesday, but only made it half the day. He finally went to school all day yesterday, and then got a snow day today! He was so sick though, so he didn't have much fun. He also had tons of work to make up, but I think we finally got it all done. At least he is better now. I hope no one else ends up getting it. I sanitized the house like crazy, so we better not!

Wednesday night my quartet came over for rehearsal. We finally have a name and are a registered quartet. We are "Takin' A Chance" We all 4 liked it, so that's what we went with. At least we are named. We are singing at a Christmas party tomorrow night. Our first "gig"! It should be fun. Scary, but fun.

Also yesterday, geez, a lot happened yesterday, I had a photography session. It was fun and the pics look great. Yippee! :)

Let's see, what else..... Oh, um, tonight is AJ's work Christmas Party. Lindsay will watch the kids while we go. They are excited to play with her kids and have been asking since yesterday to go over there.

I have to go grocery shopping today, with BOTH kids. Yuck! I am NOT looking forward to that, but really I better get moving cuz it is going to take so long. It's the only day I can go though because I work everyday next week. It's funny, I worked every day last week, not one day this week, and every day next week.

Anyway, I guess that is it for now. Happy Snow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they had fun though..that sled picture is great! And I just love the look of snow around the neighborhoods...thanks again for the photography session. It was so much fun! I can't wait to see all the pics..and the look on Kenny's face! woohoo!

Kim said...

How do you get this phone call?? I need to get in on that action next year!