Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sam's "Party" + Pneumonia




Yesterday we had Sam's party. Like I said in the last post he decided he didn't want a real party, that he just wanted his best friend and best cousin (and siblings, of course) to come. We went bowling, went to Walmart to pick our birthday presents, went to eat pizza, and then came home and played until late. He had a great day.

In other news, I have 3 infections right now. Really?! 3! How many does a girl need. Argh! I ended up spending all afternoon at the doctor's office and at the hospital on Thursday. I have pneumonia, a sinus infection, and a bladder infection. For real, it's summer! WHY???? I pretty much have to take a small pharmacy of medicines. I have an antibiotic, a STRONG dose of steroids, for a LONG time, an inhaler that shoots powder into my lungs, a nasal spray, singulair to help my lungs, and I think something else. We spent an hour at the office and then spent more than an hour at the hospital getting a chest x-ray and stuff. This was after taking Sam for a follow up visit earlier in the day for all his rash stuff. The kids were good though. Thank Goodness. What makes it worse if that Sam just happened to be out of all his medicines at the same time as I needed all these new ones. Over $500 worth of medicine we needed. YIKES!!! Our insurance makes us pay out of pocket and then they reimburse us, but it is several weeks later. I sort of freaked out, and we ended up looking online and I found 2 coupons. One for the inhaler, which made it FREE, a $280 savings! Then I found one for Sam's Singulair, which was a $110 savings! WHEW!! Have I mentioned I LOVE coupons! We still had to spend a lot but we saved so much, so it helped a ton. I was doing okay with the pneumonia. I didn't even really feel sick, I just had a terrible cough and couldn't breath. It's the medicines that are killing me now. I would rather be sick than take all of these medicines. The inhaler gives me an instant headache. The heavy dose of steroids make my stomach hurt terribly and today I started shaking so bad and my muscles all tensed up really tight. I pretty much feel like dying right now, all because of the stuff that is supposed to make me better. It's kicking my butt. Sigh.

Anyway, here are some pics of our fun party day.





Silly Kids

Best Friends

Sam excited after a Spare.

Little Kids watching the ball go down teh lane. Cute!


0 comments: