Monday, February 9, 2009

Where I've Been

The past 2 weeks we have been busy doing this




this



this



and now we are dealing with this



Sam had to do a salt map project on a state. He picked Florida. It took a lot of work, but it's done and looks good. Have I mentioned that I hate school projects? I do, I really do. Really, what's the point of them?? A fun way for the kids to learn something so they remember? Hmmm, they aren't much fun, and really do you remember any projects you did in Elementary School? I don't. Yeah, I really dislike projects. :)

We have our big Regional Competition coming up for singing. Yeah, the one where I am competing in a quartet. Me, up there with just 3 other girls, being judged. Yikes! So I have been working hard to make sure I at least get judged well. I hope!

I also did a photo shoot where I get a little carried away with the pictures, and ended up taking a TON. It took many hours to process all the pictures and do all my cool stuff to them. It was fun though. I love making cool things happen with the camera. It was just time consuming and a lot of work. I hope they love them though. :)

Finally, Sam is sick once again. Saturday he went to a friend's house. After he came home he complained of a headache, about an hour later his throat started hurting. Then he got a temp of 101.4. The two of us stayed home from church, where he continued to get worse. Finally, last night his temp got up to 103.9. We figured he had strep, and AJ went to work to get a Strep test. I did the test, and yep, positive. He is on antibiotics now, and should be doing much better tomorrow. Geez, we are a family of strepaholics.

Of course, his project was due today, I was supposed to sub, there was a yummy chocolate bar at school for the teachers today, which I am missing, and Sam feels terrible. Let's hope it skips Avery and I. AJ caught it as well, but he caught it early, so he won't be feeling as bad as Sam.

Hopefully, it won't be 2 weeks until my next post.

Oh, I agreed to do the maternity leave of a teacher March-May. It is 8 weeks long, so I will be working every day. Whew! Don't know how to do that really, I haven't been a working mom for a LONG time. How do I go grocery shopping, do laundry, clean the house??? We'll see how that turns out. I might be very grumpy by the end. LOL!

1 comments:

Tara said...

Wow... You have been busy! I like Sam's poster and I think he might remember it, only because you have a picture! I bet you'll do great at your Competition. I think it's pretty cool you do the photography thing. Sorry Sam is sick, I was worried we were going to get it last week. Our neighbors came over to play and a couple days later one of the girls had strep. Jess has an ear infection though, we went to the Dr. at 11pm Friday night. Good luck subbing for 3 months! You're crazy!