Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oops, a Little Late!

I thought I had just posted a new blog just a couple days ago! Almost a week has gone by! Geez!

Well, let's see. Monday we went swimming at the Y and I had singing that night. I can't remember what else we did.

Tuesday we went to the Y and then went to get Sam's shot. That night I had my last PTO meeting of this school year.

Wednesday we went to Wave Country. It was so much fun. The kids LOVED it! I accidentally left my camera in the car. Oh well. Sam loved the waves and the slides. Avery LOVED the slide he could go on. At first, I had to sit with him on my lap, but after a few times he did it by himself, and I just caught him at the end (he couldn't reach). It was a pretty fast slide with 3 curves in it, so he did really well. We did that over and over and over.We stayed all day and Avery still didn't want to leave when it was time for dinner! We will be going back several times, I am sure.

Our backyard is now being prepared for the pool. Here is what it looks like at the moment.

Tomorrow 4 tons of sand will be delivered!

Now, on to my Lowe's story.
Over 2 months ago we ordered a light fixture from Lowe's for our kitchen. (Hmmm, I wonder if I have already blogged about this. Well, if I have, I guess you are reading it again. :))The fixture we had made the kitchen very dark and it had started flickering. We changed the bulbs and it wasn't that, I forget what AJ said it was, but we had to replace the whole thing. Anyway, we found one we liked at Lowe's but we had to special order it and it would take 2 weeks to get here. So we decided to shop around at other Lowe's to see if they had it in stock. AJ went to a Lowe's by his work and found it there for much cheaper, and although we still had to special order it, we decided to go ahead and get it from there. After about a week and a half, AJ just called to check and see if it might be in yet. Well, they couldn't even find that we had placed the order or anything. The manager called back later and said that he had ordered it and put a rush on it so it would be in in 2 days, and that he would call when it came in. A call never came. We waited another week and then AJ went in to see what was going on. Once again they could not find the order. It took several minutes, and several different people trying, but they finally found the order, but it hadn't even shipped yet. AJ just got a refund since it was such a hassle and decided to order it from our Lowe's here in Smyrna, where we have never had any trouble. We placed the order, they price matched it to the other Lowe's, and they were also going to have it shipped for free directly to our house.

Two weeks came and went. No light. We called the store. They said it was a manufacturer problem and they would look into it and call us back. Another week, no call. We called back again, they weren't sure what was going on they would call us back. Another week, no call. Then we went on vacation, etc. Come back call again, they said the order had been canceled and a refund issued. Um, no, we never got a refund. They would look into it and call us back. Another week goes by. Now 9 weeks after we originally placed the order, they finally called and said they didn't know what happened, but the light was at the store ready for us to pick up. Ummm, hello, it was supposed to be delivered. Whatever, today I went and picked it up. I went to the lighting department, told them I needed to speak to the guy who had called. There's no one here by that name. For real!? I explained, AGAIN, what had happened and that this guy had called to say it was in. The guy looked it up in the computer and once again told us it had been canceled and a refund issued. ARGH! Finally, he decided to go back and look for it. 10 minutes later he comes back and has this beat up box with him. I made him open it right there to make sure everything was ok with the fixture. Thank goodness it was. At that point, the store manager comes over and says, "I'm sorry it was such a problem, we don't know what happened. After reading all that happened (I had finally complained with corporate 3 times so we could get something taken care of), all I can say is when Lowe's messes up, they mess up big!" Ummm, yeah, you think?! ARGH! Then he says they would give us a $25 gift card for all the trouble. A $25 gift card???!!! 9 weeks later, several phone calls later, 3 complaints to corporate, and we get a $25 gift card?! I guess I shouldn't complain about getting something free, but hello! A refund for the stupid light would be nice AND a $25 gift card! Anyway, at least we FINALLY have the light so our kitchen won't look ghetto anymore.

After that fiasco, we went to Snappy Tomato, which is a local pizza buffet. We love it there. It is priced fairly well, Avery gets to eat for free, and everyone gets yummy food. They also have the yummiest cherry dessert pizza! YUM! It's the kids favorite place to eat.

We have spent the rest of the day playing video games and doing AJ"s Father's Day stuff. I can't wait to give it to him. The stuff we did today is sooooo darn cute! I want one for my self. Tomorrow we will finish the rest of it, and then I will post pictures when it is all done. Cute, cute. The boys did a great job and are very proud.

This weekend will be busy. Tomorrow we will finish doing Father's Day stuff, AJ is taking the kids to a movie, and I am taking some more pictures. Then the pool will be worked on, Father's Day, etc.

Happy Father's Day, Everyone!

Happy Birthday AND Happy Father's Day to my Dad on Sunday! Have a great day, Dad! :)