Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ramblings

So Sam's arm looked a ton better when he woke up the next morning after only one round of antibiotics. Whew! It still hurt him, but the swelling had gone down and it looked so much better. So far all is well with it.

Yesterday, my throat started hurting and today I woke up with Strep. Yippee! This is the 4th or 5th time I have had it since October. Grrrrr. So I spent the morning at the doctor and pharmacy. I am home from church while everyone else goes. Ho hum.

Yesterday, a group of us threw a bridal Shower for a girl from singing. There was a terrible wreck on the freeway (the way everyone needed to go) and two people were killed, which caused traffic to become a standstill. People didn't get to the shower until 2 hours after it was supposed to start. It went well though, and everyone had fun. Not as good a turnout as we had hoped, but we are sure a lot of people just ended up making their way back home.

Last night there was a terrible storm. Usually I don't wake up when it is storming, but last night I did. I was also having this terrible dream about something terrible happening to Sam, and every time the storm woke me up, I would lay there not able to go back to sleep, and when I finally did, the dream just picked up where it left off. It was sad and scary, and I just wanted it to stop. I finally just got up. Plus, my throat was hurting so bad, I was having a horrible time trying to sleep anyway.

Last night AJ took the boys to Chili's for dinner, while i was at the shower. AJ got fajitas, which is cool to the boys because it comes out smoking and sizzling. Welll, Avery wanted to see how hot it was so he reached over and touched the hot, sizzling plate. He burned his finger really bad and it has a blister. Thankfully today it isn't hurting him too much. He is having trouble figuring out how to do things without using his finger though, which is pretty funny. Thankfully, he pretty much uses both hands pretty equally. He is left-handed (weird, no one in our families that I know of are left handed), but he uses both pretty well.

So Friday we were swimming in the pool. I bring my phone out because we are usually out for a few hours, plus I just prefer having it out there in case anything happens, etc. I am always careful with it, put it where it won't get wet, etc. Well, it started ringing. Sam was near it so he decided to get it to give to me. I told him it was ok, and just to leave it, and I would get to it in a minute, but he was trying to be helpful, so he went ahead and got it. He didn't want to get it wet, so he was barely holding it between 2 fingers. Just as I got close and was telling him to make sure he didn't drop it, he did. It all happened in slow motion. I reached out to grab it, but didn't quite make it. It fell into the pool and since we were near the filter, it pushed it away from me and sunk to the bottom. I dove down to get it, but it was too late. Sam cried and cried. It was a total accident, he was just trying to help, but I did yell at him when he dropped it. (Bad Mommy!) He thought he was going to get in major trouble and he felt really bad about it. I left it apart to dry for a long time, but every time I tried it after that it was doing weird, terrible things. The next morning it kinda worked, but the buttons were not working correctly. I could hear it ringing, etc, but I couldn't answer it, etc. Finally, yesterday afternoon it started working pretty normally. Hopefully it is ok. :)

Well, I guess that is all of my rambling. I am not feeling too good, so I think I will go lay down and read for a little bit, while it is quiet and I am alone. Bye!

0 comments: