Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pools, Pools, and More Pools!

All we have done this week is swim.

Monday Lindsay and her kids came over to swim in our pool for the first time. They played in the house for a while, then we had lunch and went out to swim. Wellll, it has been a pretty mild summer for the most part and this week has cooled down some. So the water was pretty cold. Sam was the only one that was fine in it, the rest of us were freezing. It didn't help that the sun was behind clouds most of the time and there was a cool wind. I think it would have been fine if the sun would have been out. So we only lasted like 30 minutes. The kids came in and played some more and then they left. After that we just got ready for the day and I went to rehearsal that night.

Tuesday we went to Mrs. Gunder's house (Sam's teacher) and went swimming in their neighborhood pool. Avery was GRUMPY most of the time. Sam loved it. The water was pretty cold there as well, but the sun was out so we got accustomed to it pretty quickly. We got to see Autumn, Mrs. Gunder's baby, who we hadn't seen for a while. We love her and were used to seeing her a ton since Lindsay babysit her. It was fun and a nice day. After that we went to get Sam's allergy shot. Then Lindsay and I went to the Y and did Advanced Step 3. I think I will like it once I get used to the steps more, but I think I overdid it after being sick this week. I got tired quickly and very hot. I was feeling sick towards the middle. We finished and then both of us collapsed at a table for a little bit. LOL! I called AJ and we decided to go to a mexican restaurant for dinner. I really didn't feel like cooking after that, and I could feel a too much exercise headache coming on. Whenever I am sick I always crave mexican food for some reason, so I had been dying for it for a few days, so this was just a good excuse to go. When we got home AJ and the kids went in the pool. I knew it was definitely too cold for me, so I lounged on the couch, nursing my headache, and watching America's Got Talent. I really don''t like that show at all, but I am watching it to see if I catch a glimpse of us being on it. I did! It was only a 3 second thing, but I saw a guy we know hugging a girl on the front row with me. They haven't done Nashville yet, so hopefully that will come soon, and maybe they will show us so I can quit watching. LOL!

Today we went to one of our favorite summer places. It is a 1 foot wading pool, complete with mushrooms, sprayers, etc. The kids love it. Well, Avery forgets that he loves it for the first hour usually, and then he realizes he does and never wants to leave. We got there at 10:00, played for a while, had a picnic lunch, played at the cool playground, and then went back in to swim. We stayed until about 2:00. Here are some pictures. Enjoy!











0 comments: