Friday, July 25, 2008

Medical, Medical, Medical

Geez, Louise! We are definitely going to go broke because of all this medical money we are having to pay!

We always have lots of medical bills for Sam, but a few months ago I had finally gotten down to only having two, plus his allergist, which we will never pay off! I was so excited because we had been paying about 10 medical bills a month. Welll, the last couple of months, doing all the surgery stuff, as much as I have been sick, etc we now are up to 13 medical bills a month, and this is not counting his surgery!!!!

In the last 2 days, I have spent almost $300 in prescriptions. Last week, we spent that much as well. Thankfully we get reimbursed for most of it, but it sure hits us hard and all at the same time.

Well, I was right. I went to the doctor today and once again I have strep! Why, oh why, oh why! He said if I keep getting it I am going to have to see an ENT, which I REALLY don't want to do, because most likely that means getting my tonsils out. I DON'T want to do that because I have heard terrible, terrible things, plus I can't afford it!!! So anyway, I am back on antibiotics, and it's a different one then I have had before and I could possibly end up allergic since I am allergic to so many others. Grreeeaaaat. What's weird is that my sister's kid can't be around anyone with strep because of a heart condition, but here I am getting it all the time. Argh!

Anyway, we got the Total Charges sheet from the hospital for Sam's surgery. $12,125.35! I have no idea what out payout will be, but I am sure it won't be cheap, plus we haven't received the separate doctor bills, anesthesiologist bills, etc. Thankfully we have insurance, even though it is stupid insurance and we hate it. :)

Today was not a good day. Sam was in a terrible, terrible mood today and that made for a bad day. I also feel horrible, had to go to the doctor, ended up having to go to subbing orientation, even though I am sick and contagious, and from the moment Sam got up to the moment he went to bed (early by the way) he was whiny, mean, grumpy, and everything else you can imagine. Sam rarely has days like that so it was a little hard to handle, especially on top of myself feeling so bad. I have noticed him getting pretty grumpy late in the day this week so I wanted to make sure he wasn't getting overtired after surgery, so yesterday we stayed home all day, we didn't leave the house at all. He had plenty of time to rest, etc, so I was hoping today would be better. I am not sure what is going on with him. Let's just hope tomorrow is better. I hope I feel better too, I have stuff to do that I have had to put off this week.

OK, well, i feel yucky, I am going to lay down and maybe watch a movie that we have had from Netflix for over a month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry for you girl....I was the same way, tonsilitis up to 11 times in one year, until i had my tonsils out...it sucked, but was worth it....i will keep you and the boys in my prayers

Anonymous said...

medical bill suck! hope you're feeling better!