Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Week in Review

So we were finally able to get out some this week. Woohoo! We are all much happier. Monday we took Taylor to his swim lesson at the Y while Lindsay took Kinley to the Dentist. That's all we did that day, but it was nice to get out. We could tell Sam was really tired though by 6:00 that night.

Tuesday we went to get Sam's shot. Avery woke up asking to go to Lindsay's house to play, so we dropped him off and just Sam and I went to do the shot thing. After that we stopped and got some sundaes at Sonic. :) Then we all played at Lindsay's for about an hour until dinner.

Today we actually went and did something fun! It was playgroup day so we went to Chuck E Cheese and hung out with our good friends Corinna and Julie. We stayed there for quite a while. We then stopped to get a prescription for Sam in Murfreesboro. On the way back home, we stopped by the library to return some books. Then we had to pick up another prescription at a different pharmacy. After that we hung out at home for a while. Once again, about 6:00, Sam was definitely tired and grumpy. We ended up going to dinner at Chili's and then stopped by our new Ross store that just opened. The kids are in bed now.

I feel like, once again, I am getting sick with Strep. It started this afternoon with the weird poking feeling in my throat, the headache, and an earache. Argh! I have been extra tired this week too, and have been on the verge of a migraine, so now I think it has been the startings of Strep. WHY do I keep getting this. I know it is still too early to go to the doctor, but I suppose that will be a trip I will be taking soon. I just spent almost $200 today in prescriptions for Sam, and since I am allergic to everything, I have to get expensive antibiotics for myself. Stupid, stupid strep! Maybe it is just allergies or something, although I don't feel allergy-like.

Oh well, we will see.

Earlier this month I took Sam to the pediatrician for his yearly checkup. Last year when I checked with the insurance company, they told me that once children hit 6 years old, they only cover annual visits every two years, so at 6, 8, 10, etc. So last year we didn't go to that checkup. He is at the doctor enough that I didn't worry about it or anything. Well, he turned 8, so we took him for his visit. Now I get a letter saying that insurance did not cover his visit. I called the insurance company yesterday, and they said that they don't cover any well checkups after the age of 6!!! How dumb is that!!! Wouldn't they rather find out if their were medical issues before they get so bad that you go to the doctor? Well check ups are to make sure everything is still going well with their health, there are no problems, etc. Makes no sense to me.

I think tomorrow we will just stay home and take it easy, maybe go to the Y, but that's about it. Sam needs some rest, even if he doesn't think so, and if this is strep once again then I don't need to be out either.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our insurance hasn't covered Peyton's since he was 4! Which is crazy since in that time at his 5 & 6 year check ups he had to have shots. They paid for the shots but not the doctor visit. STUPID!!!