Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Party

This week was pretty uneventful. We mostly stuck around home. I did go grocery shopping with the two of them, which is quite a feat, but we did it with minimal amount of boredness, whining, etc. I only go shopping once a month so it takes a LONG time, they have to get out and walk for half of it, etc, so I totally understand why they hate it, but they did fine, and so did I.

Anyway, on to the best part of the week. We had Sam's party yesterday. We rented out the local town pool, brought pizza, drinks, and cake, and swam in their cool pool. We had about 40 people there and it was a good time. We were sad that a lot of people couldn't make it, but we had a really good time with all those that did make it. :) It was HOT yesterday so a pool party was just what we needed.

We started out by swimming for a while. After a little bit, people came and got pizza, and then got back in the pool, where there was a TON of diving board action. A little after an hour, we all got out and did the cake (the candles would NOT stay lit, so we had to sing really fast as they were being lit). He had a cool Hulk cake. Then he started opening presents (which he loved, by the way!). About half way through the present opening, AJ comes and tells me that they saw lightning and we had to leave!!! I was like, "What! We still have 30 minutes!" I looked up at the sky and it was perfectly fine. The lifeguards came over and said a huge storm is going to be here in 10 minutes and we need to get you out now. At that point, I was like, "Where????" On the other side of the building you could finally see where it was DARK and scary looking. So everyone started running around like crazy, stuff was being thrown everywhere, people were running around trying to gather up everything, running to the car, throwing stuff in the back, etc. It was CRAZY!!! I felt bad for all our guests because I promised them they could get back in the pool after cake and everything, and then they ended up being shooed out of their like crazy people. Oh well, at least we did all the actual party stuff, and everyone got to swim for a good while. The party went really well, and that just added to the excitement. LOL!

After the party, we went and let Sam spend some of his birthday money. Avery had a little bit of the Green-Eyed Monster coming out in him and didn't understand why he was getting even more presents after his party. He was pretty sad about it, and Sam (thinking this all by himself) came over to me and said, "Mommy, I would like to use some of my money to buy Avery a present." So he surprised Avery and got him his own little toy. What a sweet boy we have! Avery was very happy after that, and very appreciative of Sam. I also had a little talk with him about his yucky attitude on someone else's birthday. I think it got through to him.

Sam got a lot of neat stuff, including 3 more Webkinz. That boy is obsessed with those things, as are most kids his age, right now. :) He also got some Hulk and Iron Man stuff, which he was really hoping for, so he is ecstatic about how cool his birthday was.

I am glad it was a good day, and that we have done everything we needed or wanted to do this summer. Tomorrow is surgery day. I have to get up at 5:00 in the morning. Ummm, if any of you know me, even a little bit, then you know that I DON"T DO MORNINGS! WE haven't been getting up until like 9:00 this summer and I am loving it. 5:00 is NO good. I think the last time I got up that early was last time he had surgery 2 years ago. I do everything I can to stay in bed as long as possible. Sigh... Oh well, we are ready to get it over with and get him feeling better. So please be thinking about us tomorrow. I will post more after his surgery if I can.

Until then, here are some party pics!












0 comments: