Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our Week

Monday we pretty much stayed at home and I cleaned the house, did laundry, etc.

Tuesday some people from church came over for a little bit and then we went to get Sam's shot. We went to the Mall afterwards, but they didn't have what I needed. Tuesday night we went to the pool store to get a part that wasn't working properly on the pool and then we went to Lowe's. Sam was acting terrible from the moment we left, so we immediately came home and put him to bed. His behavior has really changed since the surgery. I don't like it. He is always sweet, nice, and listens well, until this last week. Yikes! We had a long talk about listening the first time, not talking meanly, etc. He did MUCH better yesterday and today has been good too. Hopefully the worst is over. I think it is probably a combination of all the medicines, not feeling like himself, being tired, and not able to do what he normally does.

Wednesday we missed playgroup because Sam woke up after 10:00. we ended up going to school to help Mrs. Tarpley prepare everything for the first of the year. Yes, I still help his teacher from 2 years ago. We love her! :) We were there for 5 hours and even missed lunch! Oops! After that I took them to see Wall-E. I called Lindsay on the way and she decided to come with us. Avery was kind of bored (which surprised me) he was hot and thirsty though, so I am sure that contributed. Kinley CRIED several times throughout the movie because she thought it was so sad. It was kinda funny, but sad at the same time. There were lots of sad parts. Taylor and Sam loved it though. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be, but oh well, it was cute enough.

Today Sam had a follow up checkup. He is free!!! He can stop all the medicines, he gets to stop irrigating, and he can return to normal things as long as he feels up to it. WOOHOO! He was SO excited! That will free us up a ton. Now we jus tneed to get him over this tiredness. He will get his strength back soon, hopefully before school starts. He is finally able to breath through his nose, which is a very rare thing, so he is pretty happy right now. I hope it continues!

The first day of school is next Friday. Basically it is just a day to go in meet the teacher and fill out paperwork. Sam wants it to start tomorrow though! He is excited to meet his new teacher and he has some of his good friends in his class. Avery has his Pre-K screening the week school starts, and hopefully he gets in the preschool. He met his teacher yesterday, toured the classroom, etc. He is REALLY, REALLY excited to go. I don't know what we will do if he doesn't get in. There are 20 spots available, but 23 students are being screened for the class.

I have been busy working on getting PTO stuff ready. We are revamping things a little bit and now that I am the Volunteer Coordinator, I am having to learn and figure out some new stuff.

Tomorrow we are going to help Sam's new teacher get ready for school. He wanted to go today to meet her, but his appointment ran long so we couldn't. I love how they love school so much. Whew!

I can't believe school starts next week. I can't believe it is August. I can't believe summer is over. It goes too quickly!

0 comments: