Sunday, August 3, 2008

1%

There was a 1 % chance I would be allergic to this medicine, well, guess what, I'm in the 1%. This is the medicine I am taking for my stupid strep that I have had a hundred times. I am allergic to several different antibiotics and he said it was very unlikely that I would be allergic to this one, only a 1% chance. The pharmacist was worried about giving it to me, but also said it was probably fine and it was unlikely. Well, yesterday I started itching. It got worse and worse throughout the day and by bedtime even the inside of my ears and throat were itchy. It was terrible. No swelling yet though, which is usually what happens next. I took benadryl and an hour later was finally able to go to sleep. I didn't even wake up last night. Still itchy this morning though. Why oh why, do I have to be allergic to everything?! This is stupid. Hopefully I don't have to go to the ER or have to get a steroid shot. Yuck! I hate those. Benadryl please work!

0 comments: