Friday, August 8, 2008

Long Week!

Man, I am tired! It just all hit me! Yesterday we were at school until 5:30, today until 7:00! Man, school makes me so busy! I forget!

Yesterday I started off the day by going to the Teacher Center to cut out lots of things, etc. It was terrible and I am never doing that again! There were a thousand people in that tiny little building, plus my 2 kids. I thought I would just be in there for like 30 minutes, um, no, 2 hours later and I was finally leaving, frazzled, with 2 whiny kids trailing behind. Whew! We obviously love you Mrs. Tarpley! :)- Anyway, we grabbed lunch on the way to school. I handed out PTO papers to all the teachers (after I had spent 4 hours stapleing half of them the night before) and finished the rest with help from 2 other PTO moms. Then I helped Mrs. Tarpley get all ready for today's 2 hour day. I came home, made dinner, and then started working on a project for Sam's teacher. It was hard work and I messed it up and had to start over. I much prefer paperwork, computer stuff, and organizing things than making things! I gave up on that and went to bed.

I had to set the alarm this morning, YUCK!, and we got all up and ready and went to school about 8:30 this morning. We stayed all day long. Avery ended up going with Lindsay around lunch time and Sam and I stayed the rest of the time. We did a million things and I spent lots of time running around the school. Man, it is far to walk from one side to the other! :) I need to get paid for this! I think they should have a job in the schools for a teacher helper that just goes around and does whatever the teacher needs. I would totally do that job and they need it! They have to do so much for our kids!Anyway, I worked with one of my friends that I hadn't gotten to really do stuff with since Kindergarten so that was nice. Her son is in Sam's class this year so we will get to see them a lot. Yippee! Sam has a GREAT class, with lots of good helper moms so I am very happy. He has a great teacher too, and he already loves her. :)

Anyway, since it was so late and Lindsay came back to drop Avery off, then we decided to go eat at a Mexican restaurant! Yea! The service wasn't very good at all and it took forever (they even forgot to bring out Kinley's food)but it was good and at least I didn't have to cook. We came home, the kids went straight to bed, and I am about to go there now myself! That's early for me! I don't know how I am going to get back in to school mode with alarms, early mornings, etc. Anyway, I am going to bed! Nite Nite!

0 comments: