Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day



Avery's first phase-in day was today! He was so excited! He got up and got ready immediately and couldn't wait to leave. Yesterday we got everything ready for him, and he wore his backpack, and carried his lunch box around all night.

We got to school this morning and visited all our teacher friends to show them how big Avery was. We went to his classroom, found his cubby, and he sat down ready to begin. :) He has two teachers, Ms. Jamie and Ms. Shelley. Ms. Jamie is his main teacher. Her Dad just died this week, so she wasn't there today, so he was a little apprehensive about that. He has met her the most, but he likes Ms. Shelley too. Anyway, he was fine, Ms. Shelley got him involved in their first project and I left. I was so busy doing stuff in Sam's class that I never made it back over there to peek at him! After lunch I ran over there and peeked in his door, but it was rest time and I couldn't see where he was.

When it was time to pick him up, I went to his classroom. They were outside being dismissed, but when he saw me, he ran right over. The first thing he said was, "Nap time was LONG!" LOL! He hasn't taken a nap in over a year, so I had been warning him that he would have to have rest time, but he wouldn't have to sleep. He didn't. He said he liked it and had a good day. Ms. Shelley said he was much quieter than she expected and pretty shy. He has been at school his whole life and they have seen him being his normal self, so it surprised her. :)

Afterwards I asked him what his favorite part of the day was, and he said, :Eating snack!" When I asked him what his least favorite part was, he said, " playing on the playground!" Crazy kid! He's a little backwards! There were only 5 kids there today, so I am sure it will be more fun on the playground when they are all there.

He had a good day, and he said he wanted to go all the days. He wasn't happy that he has to skip tomorrow. He starts full-time on Monday. He's so big!

0 comments: