Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Crazy Day!!

Well, yesterday started the first day of 3rd grade. I tried to get a picture but we were in such a rush yesterday I wasn't able to get one. Oh well. I stayed at school helping all day. Avery took a break for a while and went with Lindsay until lunchtime.

Today we dropped Sam off at school, came home got ready for the day and then went grocery shopping. We came home put the stuff away, ate lunch, and then went to school for Avery's Pre-K screening.

Avery was so excited and was ready to answer all her questions and everything. he has been waiting for weeks to do this. :) We go in and start, she is asking him questions, while I am filling out paperwork. He kept saying, "That's easy!" as he answered them correctly. After just a couple of minutes, Mrs. Tarpley runs in the room and says that I need to go to the office because Taylor had probably just broken his arm. I didn't believe her at first, but then realized something was definitely wrong, so I left Avery and ran to the office. His teacher was in there trying to figure out Lindsay's number. She showed me his arm. His elbow looked WRONG! It was terrible. I knew it had to be broken for sure. I gave her Lindsay's number and she called and told her she needed to come right then. I sat with Taylor until she got there. He did really well and wasn't even crying when I first got there. He did start when we got into the clinic though. It was sad. Poor, poor kid. Lindsay came and I took Autumn and Emilie for her while she took Taylor to the ER. I went back to Avery after it was all over and he was done with his test. They said he did really well. So I had 3 kids tagging around with me for the rest of the day. They were really good though. Lindsay was just about to lay Autumn down for her nap, so she had to miss it and was tired, but she wasn't fussy at all. She wouldn't go to anyone else though, she just wanted me, which was cute.

Lindsay called later and said Taylor was probably going to have surgery (I know she will fill everyone in on her blog when she can, but this was my part of the day, so I am blogging it myself :) and it was definitely broken just above his elbow.

I called her later to see if I needed to come get Kinley, but Denisee was on his way so she told me no. So after school we went to get Sam's shot like normal. When I was almost there she called and said that now she needed me to come get Kinley! Ha ha! Taylor was going to have to go by ambulance to Vanderbilt from our hospital. THey wanted a pediatric orthopedic person to look at it and decide if he for sure needed surgery.

We stopped by the mall again to go to the Disney store. They were still saving their allowance to get those Wall-E toys. We got there and there were still no toys, even though they told us they would be in this week. Sam was SO sad. The girl said I could leave my name and number and they would call if they got some in, but it was still no guarantee that we would get any. So I was up at the counter doing that when another girl came and pulled her to the side. They opened a closet and pulled out the Wall-E toys! Apparently the manager said to go ahead and give them to us. The girls were really surprised and said that never happens so it was out lucky day! The one helping us even said she had been waiting for them so we were really lucky. The boys were SO happy!! Thank goodness, now I can stop going to that darn store every week.

After that we went to get his shot. They didn't call us back for almost 30 minutes. Tat never happens so I don't know what was going on. It was annoying though because I had to hurry back, figure out what to do about dinner, and go to my PTO meeting.

AJ called and said he was on his way home so he picked up dinner, Little Caesar's, so thankfully that was one less thing to do. I had several calls from school asking about Taylor on the way home as well. We came home, ate, and I ran to my meeting. Lindsay called while I was there and said he definitely had to have surgery and they were trying hard to get him in tonight. He has to have pins put in and then in 3 weeks those will come out. So they are staying there tonight, but I don't know much else, she said she would call me back later, but I haven't heard from her again.

It was very tense and crazy today. I feel bad for them, especially Taylor. Poor kid. I talked to his teacher tonight and she feels so bad. She is a brand new teacher, only her second day. Poor teacher. She was shaking so bad right after it happened and she kept crying. She bought him something and is having all the kids make cards for him tomorrow. I will let Lindsay say exactly what happened, etc to cause it all. Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will go easier for all of us and Taylor is doing much better.

Avery is also saying his ear is hurting again, so I hope he isn't getting another infection.

I guess that is it for now. Keep Taylor in your thoughts. :(

1 comments:

Jenkensing said...

Oh my goodness! That is so sad..we'll be praying for him. I hope everything is okay!