Saturday, August 23, 2008

What a Weekend So Far!

Yesterday was pretty much non-stop. Whew! We started out the day by taking Sam to school, and then Avery and I had to take AJ to work. His boss went out of town and left his car at the office, so AJ needed to bring it to his house so it wouldn't stay at the office all weekend. The only way to do that and not have to figure out how to get his car home was for me to take him. We don't like doing that because it puts us in the car for over and hour and Avery hates it. I did have a strep test while I was there, and it was negative, so at least it's not strep that I have this time.

Anyway, after doing that we finally got home about 10:30. I ran around making a list of things I needed to get from the store, and getting everything ready for Sam's meet and greet class party. Oh, and I also through the dishes in the dishwasher. Than we went with Lindsay, Kinley, and Autumn to Snappy Tomato for lunch. Yum! I go there for the yummy dessert pizzas. They are so nice and will put in whatever you ask them to, so as soon as I saw that they didn't have the cherry pizza out, I asked them to throw it in for me. I love it! Lindsay hadn't been there before so I had to make sure she tried my favorite thing. They also had a new S'mores Pizza, which was yummy too.

After that Avery and I ran to Publix. I looked all over the car for my list, and couldn't find it anywhere. Then I realized I must have accidentally stuck it in the mailbox when I put the Netflix movie in to send back! DUH! So I had to try and remember everything on my list. I did pretty good, except that I forgot the most important thing, ICE!!! I needed ice for the party that was right after school. I came home, opened the mailbox, and yep, there was my list, and the mailman had already come, so he got to see what I needed from the store. Good thing it wasn't anything weird. :)

We brought the stuff in and then ran to pick Sam up. The pick-up line was stupid and people were rude and wouldn't let anyone go, so it took us longer than usual. We ran home, loaded up the drinks (thankfully AJ got home early and went to get the ice), and all the party stuff, and went to the party.

Every year I host a meet and greet party for Sam's class. It's a nice way to get to know who your child is spending the day with and to meet the other parents. It was a really good turnout, Sam's teacher came, and everyone seemed to have one. It was HOT though, so that was the only complaint I had.

After that we ran to Watson's for a new filter for our pool pump. Ours hadn't been changed for quite a while it looks like, and it was not pumping well at all. Pools are expensive! At least they are fun!

We then went to dinner with Lindsay's family at Chili's, our favorite place. It was pretty slow, so we were there until 8:30. We finally got home, unloaded everything, got the kids to bed, etc. Then I went right to work on my lesson for Sunday.

I teach the women in our church one Sunday a month. This Sunday is my time. The lesson I am teaching is not coming easily to me, and although I have been trying to plan it out ad get it together for weeks, I am having THE HARDEST time. I have not ever had this much trouble before and waiting until the last minute like this is killing me. I finally had some ideas come to me last night and was able to start. The only problem is I am more than halfway through my material and only have about 10 minutes covered. I teach for at least 30 minutes, so that is no good. I know it will all come together and work out though, so I need to stop stressing!

This morning I had to get up early and go to my front row rehearsal for singing. I am on the front row, which means I am a dancer. We have to go every month to learn new choreography and practice, etc. We are having our annual show next month and haven't gotten the new choreo yet, so today was our day to learn it. Thankfully it isn't that hard and I don't think it will be a problem to get it down perfectly in the time we have. We would love to have you come to our show on Sept. 27. It is a fun night, filled with music, plus you get to see me and Lindsay dance, what could be more fun than that! Go to www.tunetownshowchorus.org for more details and for tickets.

I am finally home, did the bills for the week, and now need to go and finish my lesson for tomorrow. Maybe tonight will slow down a little and we can all take a break before Monday when all the craziness starts again.

0 comments: