Wednesday, August 6, 2008

So far this week we have been pretty busy, and it's only going to get busier.

Monday we went to the Y for Zumba (where they announced more classes in the afternoon, yippee!)and then came home to swim. I cleaned up the house and then Lindsay brought her kids over to swim. One of my friends from singing, Robin, brought her little boy over to play while we were at rehearsal. They had a good time and AJ said it was really easy. We got home really late that night, and Robin got her little boy out of bed and took him home. He is welcome anytime! :)

Yesterday we ran around all day. I started out by making phone calls to printers in Smyrna. I have been busy revamping our PTO volunteer forms and newsletter. Our copy machine at school has not been running and we were running out of time to make all those copies. We also wanted our volunteer form to be in color to help it stand out and get used this year. So I found a printer and ran to their office to drop off the paper we wanted used. We then went to get gas (thankfully it has gone down quite a bit this week), and we went to Publix. For some reason we ran out of things early this month, so I had to get a few odds and ends. From there we went to school to pick up a check for the printing, and of course went to talk to our favorite teachers. :) After that we went to Cool Springs to the Mall. The boys have been dying to spend their allowance on some Wall-E toys that the disney store there has. Wellll, we went there and they were out. Uh oh! Bad news! I needed more moisturizer so I went to Clinique and got some, which included the bonus gift. Yippee! I then took them to Toys R Us hoping they would have some Wall-E toys there, they did, but not what they wanted or would play with. Oh well, they are saving their money for something else now. We then went to get Sam's shot. We finally got home just in time to make dinner. The kids fought all day, I was tired from being out so late the night before, and so we just laid around for the night.

Today we went to playgroup. It was at the Town Centre pool. It was fun at first, we love it there, but then this big group of teenagers came in and took over. They drowned Avery, so of course, he was done after that. Then Sam was bored. So after just an hour they were both ready to go. Argh! We went and picked up the PTO stuff at the printer and then we came home, the kids played Star Wars on the Wii, I practiced my quartet music, and stapled some PTO papers. After I had stapled about 100 of the forms, I realized that there was a problem on the membership form. Ahhhhhh! I have seen the forms so much I didn't really notice it at first. Anyway, something happened and instead of the punctuation, like the periods, at the top of the form, there were little boxes instead! I checked my form again, printed it out again, everything looked good on my end. I emailed the printer and they said apparently there was a problem when they converted it to their printing system. Ummm, ok, but we paid a lot of money to not have them be right! They didn't even offer to reprint. They don't look that bad, but I worked hard on that page, we spent a lot of money, and it should be right. I called our PTO president, she wasn't happy either, because almost all of the money we paid, were specifically for these copies. I called back and had to leave a message. I emailed again. No response. I need them by tomorrow morning so obviously we are just going to have to use what we have. Argh! Anyway, we went to the Y, came home made dinner, and the boys played some more.

Sam was supposed to go to cub scouts for the first time tonight. He was SOOOO excited and has been talking about it for several days, and ALL day today. Well, right before dinner they called and said it was canceled tonihgt. We had a very sad boy. I also was supposed to have quartet practice tonight, but our tenor got sick so we had to cancel. We have been asked to sing at a Christmas Dinner function, so this will give us time to find music for that.

Since then I have been stapling more forms and that's about it.

Tomorrow we will be at school all day helping get everything ready.

Friday is a 2 hour day for the kids and then we plan on staying to help get things organized for Sam's teacher.

Saturday we will go pick up Sam's scout shirt and then Lindsay and I are performing at the Williamson County Fair. Our families may or may not come with us, depending on how hot it is outside.

I also have my first subbing request and school hasn't even started. :)

0 comments: